Overview & Objectives
The Advanced Asbestos Awareness for Property Management online safety training from Exceed Safety, when combined with site-specific workplace information is designed to fulfill and satisfy two of OSHA’s standards, which mandate asbestos awareness training. The two standards include the General Industry Standard for Asbestos (29 CFR 1910.1001) and the Construction Industry Standard for Asbestos (29 CFR 1926.1101).
While the General Industry standard applies to manufacturing, brake and clutch servicing, and building custodial or housekeeping work, the Construction standard applies to building maintenance, construction work, and also to housekeeping activities performed after maintenance or construction work.
Exceed Safety’s Advanced Asbestos Awareness for Property Management online training is designed to provide a detailed asbestos awareness course that adheres to and upholds OSHA’s standards governing asbestos. Specific course topics include the following:
- Background of asbestos use, products, and definitions
- Asbestos basics
- Types of asbestos
- Asbestos fibers
- Asbestos exposure
- Health effects of asbestos exposure
- Asbestos law and regulation
- Asbestos regulation and the building and/or property owner/manager
- Asbestos containing materials (ACM) and types
- Asbestos surveys and inspections
- How to avoid asbestos exposure
Specific industry terms covered throughout the three courses include the following:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Asbestos abatement
- Presumed asbestos containing materials (PACM)
Who Is This Course For?
The Advanced Asbestos Awareness for Property Management online training is intended to provide essential asbestos training for those of all levels of employment engaged in housekeeping, janitorial, custodial, and related maintenance activities. Specific individuals who will benefit from this course include the following:
- Employees and employers who work in the property and building management industry
- Building and property owners, managers, and related personnel
- Safety directors, managers, and other professionals who may have the opportunity to work in or support the property and building management industry
- Other trades and related personnel who may have the opportunity to work in or support the property and building management industry
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of Online Courses and Safety Packs, call 800-971-1080, or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety & ClickSafety’s Advanced Asbestos Awareness for Property Management safety course will satisfy the necessary requirements for the two OSHA standards that mandate asbestos awareness training. By combining this course with site-specific training regarding ACMs and PACMs, participants can expect to be confident in their ability to uphold OSHA’s requirements for asbestos. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Understand occupational safety, health principles, and techniques
- Have an understanding of asbestos and its different forms
- Know how to identify and avoid asbestos exposure
- Review EPA and OSHA programs and requirements regarding asbestos awareness