Overview & Objectives
The Advanced Lead Awareness for Construction online safety course from Exceed Safety is a certificate-level program designed to familiarize participants with basic occupational safety, health principles, and techniques that relate to advanced lead awareness in construction. The course specifically emphasizes both safety and health regulatory standards, as well as environmental standards and best management practices.
When paired with job and site-specific training, this course is designed to comply with the OSHA initial and annual lead awareness training requirements as specified in 29 CFR 1926.59 and 29 CFR 1926.62(I).
Exceed Safety’s online Advanced Lead Awareness for Construction course addresses the specific types of operations that could result in exposure to lead above the reaction level. Participants will learn the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) requirements for ensuring the highest safety standards in the workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Overview of lead awareness in construction
- Lead awareness program requirements
- How a lead awareness program works
- The properties and uses of lead
- Health hazards associated with lead
- Standards and exposure limits
- Medical surveillance and lead removal
- Lead controls
Industry terms that will be discussed at length include the following:
- Lead hazards
- Lead awareness
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS)