Overview & Objectives
The California Confined Space for Construction online safety course from Exceed Safety is specifically tailored for California-based construction businesses, entrants, supervisors, and managers. It is designed to provide information regarding California’s most recent Confined Space for Construction regulations found within Title 8, California Code of Regulations (T8-CCR), Subchapter 4, Article 37, as well as the fundamental requirements therein.
This is an introductory-level training focusing on the basics of recognizing, evaluating, and controlled spaces in the workplace. Participants will learn about the requirements established by Cal/OSHA for confined spaces in construction, as well as the Confined Spaces Entry (CSE) program established by individual companies to ensure safety to the highest degree on the worksite. Additionally, participants can expect to be trained and informed of methods used to prevent confined space injuries on the construction worksite.
NOTICE: This is an introductory-level course. Exceed Safety recommends those who have the opportunity to enter, attend, supervise, or perform rescue services undergo additional site-specific and hands-on training.
Exceed Safety’s California Confined Space for Construction online course aims to provide participants with a better understanding of Cal/OSHA’s specific standards and requirements governing confined spaces entry. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to confined space
- Confined space in construction standard
- Applicable definitions surrounding confined space
- General confined space requirements
- Confined space safe working practices
- Permit-required CSE
- CSE equipment
- Duties of the CSE team
- Rescue from a confined space
- Special considerations surrounding a confined space
Specific industry terms discussed throughout the duration of the course include the following:
- Confined space
- Early warning system
- Entry and entry permit
- Hazardous atmosphere
- Permit required confined space
- Immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH)
- Lockout and tagout (LOTO)
Who Is This Course For?
The California Confined Space for Construction course from Exceed Safety is specifically intended for California-based construction businesses in which employees and employers may have the opportunity to enter (authorized entrant), attend (attendant), and act as supervisors (entry supervisors) work in a confined space or permit-required confined space.
This training provides online classroom-based education and learning surrounding California/OSHA requirements and regulations, confined space hazards, basic tools, and techniques. Designed to provide and introduce those who may work with tanks, silos, boilers, sewers, pipelines, hoppers, and more, this course will be specifically beneficial for the following positions:
- California-based confined space entrant
- California-based confined space attendant
- California-based confined space supervisor
- California-based confined space emergency services
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s California Confined Space for Construction online training explains the scope, definitions, requirements, processes and permits, training, duties of personnel, rescue, and more regarding confined spaces within the construction worksite. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the requirements of the California/OSHA Confined Space in Construction Standard (T8-CCR), Subchapter 4, Article 37
- Identify hazards typical to confined space, as well as how the are recognized and evaluated, and ways these hazards and risks may be controlled
- Recognize the components and steps of the confined space permit process
- Identify the duties of individual confined space team members
- Understand the dangers of entry rescues and the preparations required for attempting such a rescue
- Know basic employer requirements for protecting workers from exposure to confined space entry hazards
This course is worth 0.1 CEUs. All course participants must complete the full course to receive CEU credits with a score 100% at each knowledge checkpoint and complete the course evaluation to receive his or her certificate of completion. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a course completion certificate showing the CEUs earned that may be printed at any time.
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.