Overview & Objectives
The Cal Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories Awareness interactive online training is designed to specifically address the potential exposure to laboratory chemicals in and around the laboratory work environment. Because exposure to hazardous chemicals may have serious adverse health effects, it is important to know how to appropriately and safely work around these substances.
Exceed Safety & ClickSafety’s Cal Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories Awareness course provides California-based workers with essential knowledge regarding the regulations associated with working with such chemicals. Furthermore, participants can expect to learn how to recognize and minimize exposure, as well as risk, further promoting a safe and healthy work environment.
Exceed Safety & ClickSafety’s Cal Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories Awareness course addresses handling exposure to hazardous chemicals, as well as minimization of associated risks in the workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Specific examples of the effects of exposure to toxic chemicals
- Clear descriptions of the factors affecting your risk of becoming ill from chemical exposure
- Easy-to-understand descriptions of what laboratories should do to keep you safe as well as what you can do to keep yourself safe in a laboratory environment
- Links to additional Cal-OSHA and industry resources
- Practical tips to put your learning into action
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding of the course content