Overview & Objectives
The Cal Heat Illness Prevention for Employers for General Industry online training from Exceed Safety is an intermediate-level training designed for employers in all industries who may have or have the potential for exposure to heat illness and injury in the workplace. The course is designed to familiarize participants with the basics of heat illness, its symptoms, and how to mitigate risks and the potential for injury.
NOTICE: This course meets the amended California OSHA regulations that went into effect on May 1, 2015 regarding heat illness and safety in the workplace.
Exceed Safety’s Cal Heat Illness Prevention for Employers for General Industry online training is designed to teach participants the proper definitions, causes, symptoms, and ways to mitigate risks associated with heat in the workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA heat illness prevention
- Heat illness background and case studies
- Cal/OSHA heat illness prevention standard
- Heat stress overview and causes
- Heat stress illnesses
- Heat stress prevention
Specific industry terms addressed within the course include the following:
- Heat illness
- Heat stress
- Environmental risk factors
- Personal risk factors
- Heat Illness Prevention Plan
- Provision of water
- Access to shade
- Heat Illness training
- Emergency heat plan
- High heat procedures
- Buddy system
Who Is This Course For?
The Cal Heat Illness Prevention for Employers for General Industry is ideal for management and employers of all industries who may be exposed to heat stress or illness on the job. This course is specifically beneficial for the following industries:
- California-based construction employers
- California-based General Industry employers
- California-based manufacturing employers
- California-based Department of Transportation (DOT) employers
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, call Exceed Safety at (919) 728-SAFE (7233) or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety & ClickSafety’s Cal Heat Illness Prevention for Employers for General Industry online training provides employers from all industries with the knowledge of the signs, symptoms, and preventative techniques for heat-related stressors and illness. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Recognize the potential consequences of heat illness
- Recognize employer responsibilities for preventing heat illness, as required by the Cal/OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Standard, including the creation of a Heat Illness Prevention Plan and provisions for water and shade, acclimatization and training
- Identify tips for preventing heat illness
- Identify causes of heat stress and how the human body handles heat
- Identify the types and characteristics of heat stress
- Identify ways to prevent heat stress
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.