Overview & Objectives
The California Injury and Illness Prevention Program Awareness interactive online raining from Exceed Safety is an introductory-level course designed for the California-based General Industry sector. It is imperative for businesses to have effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) to prevent fatalities, injuries, illnesses, near miss events that may occur during the course of work, thus incurring losses of personal injury, lost time and production, equipment, property and environmental damages. A bonus is an effective IIPP is good for employee morale, community and client relations.
The California Injury and Illness Prevention Program Awareness course provides participants with the basic requirements, elements, and guidance for a comprehensive written Injury and Illness Prevention Program in the state of California.
Exceed Safety’s California Injury and Illness Prevention Program Awareness course is designed for California-based employers and those working in the state looking to create and establish effective IIPPs or improve the one they have. Participants will learn the basic regulatory requirements, as well as the elements of a successful IIPP. Specific course topics include the following:
- Information about the basic California/OSHA requirements for nearly all places of employment
- Explanations of the fundamental provisions and the nine major elements of California/OSHA’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Easy-to-understand descriptions of employer and employee responsibilities when it comes to implementing an effective IIPP in the workplace
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional California/OSHA and industry resources