Overview & Objectives
The Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry online training from Exceed Safety & ClickSafety is designed to teach participants about respirable crystalline silica, also known as silica dust. Workers in a number of industries are exposed to respirable crystalline silica each work day, presenting both health and safety hazards.
This online training describes the nature of respirable crystalline silica, as well as what employers and employees can do to promote awareness, recognition, evaluation, and mitigation of the risk of potential health and safety concerns surrounding respirable crystalline silica. Responsibilities of the employer are also presented.
Exceed Safety’s Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry training is designed to teach participants about the hazards and risks associated with respirable crystalline silica in general industry, as well as how to mitigate potential risks. Specific course topics include the following:
- Information about what respirable silica is and why it is dangerous
- Explanations of the types of control measures and respiratory protection for workers at risk of exposure to respirable crystalline silica
- General descriptions of employer responsibilities and employee rights under the Cal/OSHA standard for respirable crystalline silica
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional Cal/OSHA and industry resources
Who Is This Course For?
The Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry course from Exceed Safety is an introductory-level online training designed for all employers and employees who may encounter or come into contact with respirable crystalline silica through their daily work practices. Those who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- California-based General Industry employees
- California-based General Industry managers
- California-based General Industry supervisors
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, call Exceed Safety at (919) 728-SAFE (7233) or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry course is designed to be taken online at the participant’s individual pace. This course teaches participants about the dangers associated with exposure to respirable crystalline silica, personal safety precautions for both employees and employers, rights and responsibilities as established by Cal/OSHA, and more. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Explain what respirable crystalline silica is and the health hazards associated with it
- List the types of general industry activities and equipment generally linked to crystalline silica
- Identify the types of control measures and respiratory protection for respirable crystalline silica
- Recognize employer responsibilities and employee rights under the Cal/OSHA standard on respirable crystalline silica
In Person Training
Participants in our in-person courses can expect to be taught by our most skilled and experienced instructors. Our instructors strive to make our in-person classes dynamic by incorporating meaningful activities that allow peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration, hands-on learning, and real-life examples. Participants will also be able to have most questions answered while attending the class. Some of our classes are available via Zoom (just call us for more information) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning.