Overview & Objectives
California businesses employ nearly 2.9 million workers between the ages of 16 and 24, and statistics show that younger workers are twice as likely to be injured than their adult counterparts. Awareness of potential hazards, proper procedures, and training creates a strong safety culture in the workplace.
The California Young Workers Safety and Health for Supervisors training from Exceed Safety is an introductory-level online training designed to provide supervisorial participants with essential knowledge and information, tools, and effective strategies needed to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for young employees within the state of California.
Exceed Safety’s California Young Workers Safety and Health for Supervisors training is designed to benefit all California-based workplaces that employ younger workers who may need to bolster a stronger workplace culture. Specific course topics include the following:
- Safety awareness issues specific to young workers
- The process of hazard recognition, evaluation, and control
- What to do in a workplace emergency.
- Factors affecting the wellness and well-being of young workers
- California employer responsibilities regarding young workers
- Links to additional information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding