Overview & Objectives
The Electrical Risk Mitigation Awareness for Manufacturing online training from Exceed Safety is a 45-minute introductory-level course designed to teach participants the requirements of National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) and OSHA and how to identify electrical hazards. Participants can expect to learn how to utilize controls and PPE to protect themselves when exposed to electrical hazards in the manufacturing sector.
This online training will describe the dangerous nature of electricity, as well as how to prevent potential incidents with electricity. Participants will also learn the common terms associated with electricity usage.
Exceed Safety’s Electrical Risk Mitigation Awareness for Manufacturing training is designed to teach participants about electrical standards, as well as how to identify and mitigate electrical hazards in the manufacturing sector. Specific course topics include the following:
- Statistics on deaths related to electricity
- Regulations and electrical hazards in industrial manufacturing
- How electrical fires can occur
- Elements of an electrical safety program
- How to safely work around electrical hazards
- Components of a required shock and arc flash risk assessment
- Controls related to protecting employees from electrical hazards
- PPE and test instruments specific for electrical use
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to industry resources
Who is this Course for?
The Electrical Risk Mitigation Awareness for Manufacturing course from Exceed Safety is an introductory-level online training designed for all employees who may encounter electrical hazards in the workplace through their daily work practices. Those who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- Manufacturing Employees
- Manufacturing Managers
- Manufacturing Supervisors
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Electrical Risk Mitigation Awareness for Manufacturing course is designed to be taken online at the participant’s individual pace in about 45 minutes. This course teaches participants about the dangers of working with and around electricity and the controls used to prevent injuries. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Describe the dangers of electricity
- Understand electrical standards and regulatory requirements including NFPA and OSHA
- Define key terms and definitions related to electricity including Qualified Person, Arc Flash, and boundaries related to arc flash and electrical shock
- Explain how to safely use power tools, cords, and GFCI protection
- Identify controls for electrical hazards
- Indicate where to find additional resources for information and assistance
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.