Overview & Objectives
The Electrical Risk Mitigation for Supervisors for Manufacturing online training from Exceed Safety is a 25-minute course designed to teach participants the requirements of electrical standards and how to identify electrical hazards. Supervisors will be able to utilize controls and personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect themselves and their employees when exposed to electrical hazards in the manufacturing sector.
This online training will describe the dangerous nature of electricity, as well as how to prevent potential incidents with electricity. Participants can expect to become familiar with common terms associated with electricity usage.
Exceed Safety’s Electrical Risk Mitigation for Supervisors for Manufacturing training is designed to teach supervisorial participants about electrical standards, as well as how to identify and mitigate electrical hazards in the manufacturing sector. Specific course topics include the following:
- Statistics on deaths related to electricity
- Regulations and electrical hazards in industrial manufacturing
- How electrical fires can occur
- Elements of an electrical safety program
- How to safely work around electrical hazards
- Components of a required shock and arc flash risk assessment
- Controls related to protecting employees from electrical hazards
- PPE and test instruments specific for electrical use
- The electrical equipment maintenance requirements necessary for safely working on or around electrical equipment
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to industry resources
Who is this Course for?
The Electrical Risk Mitigation for Supervisors for Manufacturing course from Exceed Safety is an online training designed for supervisors or managers who may encounter electrical hazards or have employees who may encounter electrical hazards in the workplace through their daily work practices. Those who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- Manufacturing Managers
- Manufacturing Supervisors
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Electrical Risk Mitigation for Supervisors for Manufacturing course is designed to be taken online at the participant’s individual pace in about 50 minutes. This course teaches participants about the dangers of working with and around electricity, and the controls used to prevent injuries. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Describe the dangers of electricity
- Understand electrical standards and regulatory requirements including NFPA and OSHA
- Define key terms and definitions related to electricity including Qualified Person, Arc Flash, and boundaries related to arc flash and electrical shock
- Explain how to safely use power tools, cords, and GFCI protection
- Identify controls for electrical hazards
- Identify the electrical equipment maintenance requirements necessary for safely working on or around electrical equipment
- Indicate where to find additional resources for information and assistance
In Person Training
Participants in this in-person class can expect to be engaged with discussions, collaboration from other members of the course, team building experiences, and interactive learning. All our instructors have years of experience in the field and are highly qualified and skilled. We offer some classes via Zoom (just give us a call for more information). Some classes can be combined with virtual-blended learning, as well.