Overview & Objectives
The Field Leadership Essentials is an introductory course that prepares participants to successfully lead a crew performing field work, while simultaneously communicating effectively with clients. This course provides teams leaders with training to set daily work tasks and goals onsite and mitigate risk.
Specific course topics include the following:
- Team preparation
- Leadership principles
- Preparing to lead your team
- Preparing the team for the job
- Team success
- Making a profit
- Satisfying the customer
- Managing risks
The Field Leadership Essentials course provides team leaders with the tools and training to appropriately set daily work tasks and goals onsite, mitigate risk, and communicate with the client. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to learn how to:
- Understand the fundamental leadership traits necessary to develop and influence a successful team.
- Know how to properly prepare for the job, including job comprehension, plan development, risk assessment, and communication strategies.
- Prepare a team to successfully perform the job.
- Explain the aspects of making a profit that a field leader can control
- Conduct a team meeting and job hazard briefing.
- Identify the aspects of customer satisfaction and demonstrate the required skills for keeping the customer informed.
- Identify the steps to monitor and mitigate risks and describe the process of failure analysis and continuous improvement.