Overview & Objectives
Exceed Safety’s Fire Safety and Prevention Awareness for Manufacturing training is designed specifically for the Manufacturing industry. Because promoting a safe and healthy workplace is essential for the overall productivity of industrial facilities, this training provides best practices, methods, and procedures regarding how to prevent potential injuries and/or fatalities from fire-related events.
National Safety Council (NSC) data shows that workplace fires account for more than 3% of occupational fatalities and $2 billion in losses each year. Exceed Safety’s 60-minute Fire Safety and Prevention Awareness course will teach participants how to prevent fire-related injuries and death in the workplace.
Exceed Safety’s Fire Safety and Prevention Awareness for Manufacturing Training is designed to provide essential training and tools to identify evaluate, analyze, and control fire risks in the Manufacturing workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Examples of avoidable fire tragedies in the past
- Definitions of terms and phrases included in the standard, “Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans (EAP), and Fire Prevention Plans (FFP)”
- Additional hazards and compounding factors that frequently cause more injuries/fatalities than the original hazard
- OSHA requirements for design and construction of buildings and emergency routes
- OSHA requirements for exit route safeguards
- OSHA requirements for EAPs and FPPs
- Portable Fire Extinguisher (PFE) placement, classes, use, inspections, maintenance, and testing
- Best practices in the event of seven types of emergencies
- Discussion of OSHA’s Evacuation Planning Matrix for potential terrorist incidents
- Links to additional information
- Knowledge checks to evaluate measure your understanding
Who is this Course for?
The Fire Safety and Prevention Awareness for Manufacturing course from Exceed Safety is designed for all employees in the Manufacturing workplace. The information in this course may also be applicable to employees in the following industries:
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Fire Safety and Prevention for Manufacturing training is an interactive online training designed to be completed at the participant’s individual pace in about 60 minutes. Participants can expect to learn helpful strategies, hazard identification, avoidance, and control techniques to utilize in the Manufacturing workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Discuss the basics of OSHA’s standard covering exit routes, emergency action plans (EAPs), and fire prevention plans (FPPs)
- Describe regulations and events that justify their seriousness
- Cite additional hazards and compounding factors
- Define common regulatory terms and phrases
- Identify design and construction requirements
- List safeguards for exit routes
- Review emergency and fire hazard awareness, recognition, evaluation, and control
- Talk about classes of portable fire extinguishers (PFEs), as well as how to maintain and use them
- Understand OSHA’s Evacuation Planning Matrix for potential terrorist incidents
- Find additional information from online sources
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.