Overview & Objectives
The Handling Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace online training is a 30-minute course designed to teach managers and supervisors in the workplace about their role in helping organizations comply with laws that may require accommodations on the workplace, such as disability, pregnancy, religious, and domestic violence laws.
Participants can expect to learn about various types of accommodations, the circumstances that may necessitate them, examples of accommodations, and more. Additionally, participants will learn how to recognize and respond to requests through successful review and implementation.
Handling Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace is designed to teach participants about what reasonable accommodations are, how to respond to them, and specific laws that may govern reasonable accommodations for varying reasons. Specific course topics include the following:
- Definition of reasonable accommodations
- Laws that require accommodations (ex: disability, pregnancy, religion, domestic violence)
- Types of reasonable accommodations
- Instances that necessitate reasonable accommodations
- Process of reviewing, recommending, and implementing accommodations in the workplace