Overview & Objectives
The Hazardous Material Awareness course from Exceed Safety is designed specifically for employees in the Manufacturing Industry. Participants of this course can expect to learn how to recognize the different types of hazardous materials, as well as risks of working with them.
The National Safety Council (NSC) reported more than 4,000 workplace related deaths in 2018 alone. The 60-minute Hazardous Material Awareness Training teaches participants methods to control potential physical and health hazards associated with working with hazardous materials, as well as individual responsibility for anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling such materials in the workplace.
Exceed Safety’s Hazardous Materials Awareness course is a 60-minute introductory-level training designed to help Manufacturing employees identify, evaluate, and control workplace dangers associated with hazardous materials. Specific course topics include the following:
- Definitions of hazardous materials, hazardous locations, and confined spaces
- Four routes of entry/exposure
- Types of physical and health hazards associated with hazardous materials
- Storage, handling, and use of 13 hazardous materials
- Examples of worksite exposure to hazardous materials
- The Hierarchy of Controls for hazardous materials
- How to control physical and health hazards
- Hazardous waste operations and emergency response
- Examples of hazardous material worksheets
- Who should be involved in the process of identifying and controlling hazards
- Links to additional sources of information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to evaluate your understanding