Overview & Objectives
The HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction online training from Exceed Safety is designed to help familiarize onsite managers and supervisors within the construction industry who work in hazardous waste operations and emergency response activities. Participants can expect to learn tips for hazard recognition, evaluation, and control. Additionally, the course provides field safety and response techniques for emergency actions through case studies.
NOTICE: This primary reference for this course is the OSHA HAZWOPER Standard 29 CFR 1910.120.
Exceed Safety’s HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction online course covers applicable regulatory agencies, legal considerations, and both safety and health programs. Additionally, participants of the course can expect to learn tips for hazard recognition, evaluation, and control through the use of case studies and more. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to HAZWOPER for supervisors
- Focus review
- Basics of safety and health leadership
- Hazard recognition, evaluation, and control on the worksite
- Physical hazards
- Chemical, biological, and ergonomic hazards
- Basic overview of hazardous substance emergency response
- Accident investigation
- Applicable case studies
Specific industry terms discussed throughout the duration of the course include the following:
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
Who is this Course for?
The HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction online safety course is intended for those who oversee construction areas of work at hazardous waste operation and emergency response activities. This course is specifically beneficial for the following individuals:
- Onsite managers
- Onsite supervisors
- Onsite foremen
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction is an online safety course that follow’s OSHA’s regulations governing hazard recognition, evaluation, and control methods. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Know the basics of safety and health leadership in a construction work environment
- Understand hazard recognition, evaluation, and control on the worksite
- Know potential and existing physical hazards
- Be aware of hazardous substance emergency response awareness for hazardous waste
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment. We have also partnered with ClickSafety to provide a wide variety of interactive online courses to meet the needs of all our clients.