Overview & Objectives
Exceed Safety’s Industrial Facility Safety for Supervisors for Manufacturing training is an interactive online course designed to provide supervisory personnel in the Manufacturing industry with the tools and strategies to promote a safe workplace culture for employees.
According to the National Safety Council, there were more than 4,000 workplace-related deaths and 4 million jobsite injuries. These preventable workplace injuries incurred over a billion dollar in wage and productivity losses, medical and administrative expenses, motor vehicle property damage, and employer costs. Supervisors can expect to learn how to adapt essential principles for the individual Manufacturing workplace.
The Industrial Facility Safety for Supervisors for Manufacturing training from Exceed Safety & ClickSafety is a 45-minute course designed to provide the tools and strategies necessary for supervisors to keep their employees safe in a Manufacturing facility. Specific course topics include the following:
- Advice on how to model safe behavior for your team and enforce site safety rules
- Machine safety do’s and don’ts
- Benefits of employing a hierarchy of controls to reduce chemical hazards
- Five steps for proper lifting
- Using 5S methodology for organization and housekeeping
- Specifics on what to do in case of an emergency
- Practical tips and links to additional OSHA resources
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
Who is this Course for?
The Industrial Facility Safety Awareness Training is ideal for all managerial levels working within the Manufacturing Industry. Individuals who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- Manufacturing managers
- Manufacturing supervisors
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Industrial Facility Safety for Supervisors for Manufacturing course is designed specifically to aid Manufacturing management personnel with the tools necessary to protect employees and improve overall safety within the workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Describe how to be prepared for emergencies
- Explain to employees how to prevent injuries when operating machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Summarize safe handling, use, and storage of chemicals for employees
- Understand how to ensure proper maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify proper lifting techniques for employees
- Define housekeeping strategies to prevent employee injuries and illnesses in an industrial facility
- Learn ways for employees to participate in a workplace safety program
- Discover strategies that supervisors can use to keep employees safe
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.