Overview & Objectives
This course focuses specifically on supported scaffolds and covers most common types of scaffolds including rolling scaffolds, swing stage scaffolds, and suspended scaffolds, in addition to common problems associated with scaffolds. Additionally, course participants will receive information regarding federal OSHA regulations that apply to safe work sites and safety when working on scaffolds. Guidance used in the course is provided by organizations such as the American Nationals Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Scaffold and Falsework Industry Association (SFIA). Participants will also learn information on worker’s rights to report unsafe conduct or fraud while on the job.
NOTICE: This course is only applicable towards the NYC DOB Site Safety Training (SST) and cannot be applied towards the 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher Card. NYC DOB Provider ID Number: 4T75
Students who partake in the NYC SCA-201 4-Hour User & Refresher Course for Construction will learn important principles required for supported scaffolding user safety as specified by the NYC Department of Buildings. Such topics include:
- Identifying typical scaffolds used on construction sites and the major components
- Recognizing dangers and risks associated with supported scaffolds
- The general principles of fall protection
- Principles of personal protective equipment and fall arrest systems
- Safe work practices associated with supported scaffold use
- Inspection methods of scaffold equipment and hardware
- Procedures for potential emergencies
- General familiarization with regulations and standards
- Applicable NYC construction codes
- Familiarization with the NYC Department of Buildings
- Specific worker’s rights within New York City
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive Exceed Safety’s Certificate of Completion, indicating the 0.4 continuing education unit (CEU), as well as the four contact hours received from an IACET-accredited course provider.