Overview & Objectives
The Office Ergonomics for All Industries online trailing from Exceed Safety is the ideal safety course for employees working in an office setting. Training participants in accordance with federal OSHA standards, participants can expect to learn effective ways to use ergonomics properly throughout the workspace to prevent injuries due to musculoskeletal disorders (MSDS).
NOTICE: This course is based on the OSHA General Duty Clause, Section 5(s)(1).
Exceed Safety’s Office Ergonomics for All Industries online course is designed to educate participants about office ergonomics and safety within the workplace. In particular, participants can expect to learn how to prevent ergonomic injuries and illnesses, and to become familiar with hazards evaluation practices and how to control jobsite hazards. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to ergonomics
- Ergonomic injuries and illnesses
- Hazard recognition
- Hazard control
- Ergonomics at the computer
- Ergonomics on the construction site
- A summation of ergonomics in the workplace
Specific industry terms discussed throughout the duration of the course include the following:
- Repetitive motion disorders (RMDs)
- Office ergonomics safety
- Ergonomics safety tips
- Ergonomics awareness
- Office ergonomics safety guide
Who is this Course for?
The Office Ergonomics for All Industries online training is designed for all employees in all industries ranging from construction to the general industry sector. It is ideal for all those who are responsible for maintaining workplace safety and health in accordance with OSHA regulations. This course is specifically beneficial for those in the following industries:
- Warehousing and distribution
- Property management
- Retail Services
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Office Ergonomics for All Industries online course teaches all participants to apply the principle of ergonomic safety to the office place in all industries. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the major hazards in the office associated with MSD and RMD injuries and illnesses
- Describe activities within the office environment that can lead to MSD and RMD injuries
- Identify tools for protecting oneself and others from MSD and RMD injuries
- Recognize ways to protect oneself and others from workplace ergonomic hazards
- Recognize the requirements of employers for protecting office workers from both MSD and RMD injuries
This course is worth 0.1 CEUs. All course participants must complete the full course to receive CEU credits with a score 100% at each knowledge checkpoint and complete the course evaluation to receive his or her certificate of completion. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a course completion certificate showing the CEUs earned that may be printed at any time.