Overview & Objectives
To seek or maintain employment in construction, workers, managers, and other personnel must complete the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Outreach Training Program. By doing so, they will receive a certificate of completion right away and earn their Department of Labor (DOL)/OSHA 10-Hour Card shipped within two weeks, certifying their knowledge of construction site safety standards, hazards, and more. The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Voice Authentication course provides this essential safety training with voice authentication (VA) to confirm participants’ identities and meet New York City’s proctoring requirements.
NOTICE: This course is required for New York City construction workers and personnel. VA courses were developed in conjunction with the NYC Department of Buildings (NYCDOB) to address LL196 online course proctoring requirements. The voice-authenticated OSHA courses represent a best practice to ensure the identity of the student throughout the course.
In this OSHA 10-Hour online training course, construction workers and personnel learn how to recognize, avoid, abate, and prevent health and safety hazards. Course topics include:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Workers’ rights
- Employer responsibilities
- Filing a complaint
- OSHA inspections
- Focus Four Hazards (fall hazards, electrocution hazards, caught-in or –between hazards, struck-by hazards)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) – identification, selection, use
- Acute and chronic health hazards in the construction industry
- Materials handling, storage, and use
- Hand and power tools
- Recognizing negative safety cultures
- Promoting strong safety leadership
- Identifying common challenges to safety culture in construction
- Roles for workforce and management in safety culture
Who Is This Course For?
The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Voice Authentication course offers a convenient, fully online option for New York City-based construction workers and employees who must earn a DOL/OSHA 10-Hour Card to seek or maintain employment. Individuals eligible for this course include:
- Construction workers
- Job supervisors
- Construction site inspectors
- All personnel responsible for construction-related projects
- Workers on publicly funded projects of varying amounts in these states:
- Connecticut (Note: These professionals must re-certify every five years.)
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Rhode Island
This VA course is not designed for construction workers outside NYC.
Features & Benefits
After taking the certificate-level OSHA 10-Hour Construction Voice Authentication course, participants will be prepared to identify and address construction site safety hazards, understand OSHA standards for construction, and more. Additionally, they will meet New York City Department of Building standards for OSHA training. Those who complete the course will receive:
- A certificate that confirms you’ve passed with a score of at least 70%
- One (1) Continuing Education Unit from an accredited IACET provider
- A valid DOL/OSHA 10-Hour Card
You will have three opportunities to pass the test at the end of the course, and all individuals receive immediate feedback when incorrect responses are given. Please be aware that your company’s safety standards may exceed those set forth by OSHA.
This course must be completed within six months of the start date, and successful completion requires each participant to spend at least 10.25 hours in the online course and supplemental materials. Additionally, you must complete a course evaluation at the end of the course to receive your certificate of completion.
Our proven process for receiving your DOL/OSHA 10-Hour Card is simple. We record all scores and submit reports of successful course completion to the DOL and OSHA on your behalf. When we receive your card, we’ll sign it and mail it directly to you. Course participants typically receive their new DOL/OSHA 10-Hour Card within two weeks after course completion.