Overview & Objectives
From gloves and goggles to face shields, hard hats, and respirators, members of the construction workforce must know which protective equipment to wear and when. Personal Protective Equipment Awareness for Construction reviews key safety requirements, so construction workers and employers can protect themselves at work. Conveniently available online, our PPE training course takes just 10 minutes to complete and will instill important knowledge into every student that will become useful in a variety of situations.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is an integral part of working safely on any job site. This introductory course provides students with the most pertinent information on how to choose, wear, and maintain PPE, as doing so properly could save lives. The topics covered include:
- PPE requirements according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- OSHA and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) rules and regulations for PPE use to protect the head, face, ears, eyes, body, hands, and feet
- Types of specialized equipment and when to use it
- How to identify risks associated with the failure to select the correct PPE
- Methods for conducting situational analyses, which help to determine which PPE is appropriate for any given situation