Overview & Objectives
Exceed Safety’s Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) course is an introductory level online training designed to familiarize General Industry employees with OSHA’s PPE standard in the workplace. The National Safety Council saw more than 5,000 workplace deaths and 4 million jobsite injuries in recent years.
The Personal Protective Equipment training is an interactive course in which participants can expect to learn both common and specialized types of PPE. Additionally, participants will be trained on hazard identification, avoidance, and control through the use of appropriate PPE.
Exceed Safety’s Personal Protective Equipment for Manufacturing course promotes a safe and healthy General Industry workplace through educating participants about the importance of PPE, as well as the appropriate selection of PPE for different types of work. Specific course topics include the following:
- General PPE program issues, including the use of engineering and work practice/administrative controls as the first and second lines of defense against workplace and jobsite hazards, followed by PPE use
- A discussion of PPE program hazard assessment, training, and equipment selection, usage, and maintenance
- Detailed information on common PPE, covering protection for the head, arms and hands, feet and legs, and eyes/face, including emergency eyewash/body protection
- Information on specialized PPE, entailing protection for hearing, respiratory system, and the body, as well as fall protection, high visibility clothing, and personal flotation devices
- Statistics on common injuries and PPE
- Recognized standards for PPE
- Descriptions of different PPE styles and options, plus guidelines for when to use each
- Explanations of PPE class levels and the extent of protection each offers
- A case study for work over or near water
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding