Overview & Objectives
The Preventative Maintenance for Operators for Manufacturing course from Exceed Safety is an intermediate level online training designed specifically for operators of machinery and equipment in the Manufacturing industry. Participants can expect to gain information, awareness, and appreciation, as well as essential terminology for keeping machines and equipment at peak efficiency.
Incorporating tips and links to videos and additional materials from the Department of Labor (DOL) and OSHA, participants can expect the Preventative Maintenance for Operators for Manufacturing course to be the most robust preventative maintenance courses for Manufacturing available online.
Exceed Safety’s Preventative Maintenance for Operators for Manufacturing training is designed to provide operators with essential terminology, awareness, and information regarding keeping machinery and equipment in peak operating conditions. Specific course topics include the following:
- Terms and definitions associated with preventative maintenance that you’ll be using in the manufacturing environment
- A thorough overview of common equipment problems including specific examples for each: wear and tear, unauthorized modifications, improper work practices, improper use of equipment, improper or lack of maintenance, and lack of housekeeping.
- The consequences of neglecting equipment that can result in injuries, damage, downtime, and increased costs
- An examination of the role of operators
- An explanation of the difference between preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Information for operators in Manufacturing – knowing what issues go beyond the operator’s authority, recognizing/addressing hazards, evaluating equipment regarding manufacturer specifications, equipment repair, and communicating issues.
- Highly specific and detailed information for operators for preventative maintenance such as: inspection prior to use, clean up after use, storing and securing equipment properly, checking manufacture guidelines, and removing equipment from service when necessary.
- An in-depth overview of powered industrial trucks including inspections, removal from service, and maintenance implications as related to operator responsibility.
- Operator responsibility in terms of walking/working surfaces from inspections to correction of hazardous conditions.
- A breakdown of issues that go beyond operator authority
- Tips and quizzes that ensure thorough knowledge is gained by the course participant