Overview & Objectives
The RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Awareness course from Exceed Safety is an interactive online course that helps participants understand the hazards, laws, and best practices involved with working safely with and around hazardous waste. The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) was enacted in 1976 to address the growing volume of municipal and industrial waste, including hazardous waste. Throughout this course, participants can expect to learn about how this act applies to the workplace, as well as the principles surrounding waste management and risk mitigation.
Exceed Safety’s RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Awareness training is designed to teach participants the principles surrounding working with and around hazardous waste. Specific course topics include the following:
- A brief history of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Information about the classifications of hazardous waste
- Explanations of the regulatory requirements for hazardous waste programs
- Easy-to-understand descriptions of the proper way to transport, treat, store, and dispose of hazardous waste
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional EPA and industry resources
Who Is This Course For?
The RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Awareness course from Exceed Safety is ideal for employees in any sector who may be required to work with and around hazardous waste.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of Online Courses and Safety Packs, call 800-971-1080, or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Awareness course is designed to be completed at the individual’s own pace in about 30 minutes. It defines hazardous waste, explains how to properly identify, accumulate, and dispose of hazardous waste, and outlines the regulatory requirements for hazardous waste programs. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Recognize the effects hazardous waste may pose to people, property, and the environment
- Identify hazardous waste regulations and the main tenets of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Explain how to identify and accumulate hazardous waste and determine generator status in accordance with RCRA
- Recall the regulatory requirements in a hazardous waste program, including storage, accumulation, inspections, labeling, time limits, emergency preparedness, and training
- Identify proper strategies to manage hazardous waste in accordance with the Waste Management Hierarchy from reducing waste to disposal