Overview & Objectives
The Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for General Industry safety course from Exceed Safety is an introductory-level online training designed to teach participants the essential elements of OSHA’s respirable crystalline silica standard, as established by 29 CFR 1910.1053.
Participants can expect to identify the basic health hazards of respirable crystalline silica, general activities that may lead to exposure, and potential control methods that employers can implement to protect workers.
Exceed Safety’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for General Industry training is designed to offer participants a thorough and updated understanding of the silica dust and the associated risk factors. Participants will learn OSHA’s new requirements, as well as the most updated maritime industry regulations. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to silica and respirable crystalline silica
- Common hazards, evaluation, and control techniques of respirable crystalline silica
- Activities OSHA has identified as particularly concerning in relation to respirable crystalline silica
Specific industry terms covered throughout the three courses include the following:
- Action level and permissible exposure limit (PEL)
- Qualified and/or competent person
- Employee exposure
- High-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA)
- Respirable crystalline silica
Who Is This Course For?
The Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for General Industry course is ideal for all those who routinely work near, around, or may be otherwise exposed to silica and/or respirable crystalline dust. This introductory-level course is ideal for all levels of employment, especially in the following industries:
- Asphalt roofing materials
- Concrete products
- Cut stone
- Dental laboratories
- Porcelain enameling
- Ready-mix concrete
- Structural clay products
- Support activities for oil and gas operations & more
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of Online Courses and Safety Packs, call 800-971-1080, or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for General Industry training expands upon common silica and respirable crystalline silica dust considerations to share hazards, control, and best practices for the workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Have a more thorough and up-to-date understanding of silica in the work environment
- Be able to distinguish basic hazards, evaluation, and control techniques
- Understand OSHA’s new requirements surrounding respirable crystalline silica
- Know where to obtain a copy of the new regulations
All course participants must complete the full course to receive 0.1 CEU credits. Participants must achieve a score of 100% at each knowledge checkpoint and fill out the course evaluation to receive his or her certificate of completion. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a course completion certificate showing the CEUs earned that may be printed at any time.