Overview & Objectives
The Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry safety course from Exceed Safety is an intermediate-level online training designed to teach participants the essential elements of OSHA’s respirable crystalline silica standard, as established by 29 CFR 1910.1053. This course covers the basics of silica dust and respirable crystalline silica dust that may be encountered during general industry activities and is more comprehensive in nature than the introductory-level training.
Exceed Safety’s Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry training is designed to offer participants a thorough and updated understanding of the enormity of silica dust and its related concerns to the general industry sector. Teaching identification, exposure control, recognition, and evaluation, this training is designed to help mitigate risks at all levels. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to silica and respirable crystalline silica
- Activities OSHA has identified as particularly concerning in relation to respirable crystalline silica
- The importance of hazard recognition, medical surveillance, air monitoring, signs and labels, housekeeping
Who Is This Course For?
The Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry course is ideal for all those who routinely work near, around, or may be otherwise exposed to silica and/or respirable crystalline dust. This intermediate-level course is especially ideal for managerial-level employees, as it provides training above the introductory-level. Specific industries in which individuals will benefit from this course include the following:
- Asphalt roofing materials
- Concrete products
- Cut stone
- Dental laboratories
- Porcelain enameling
- Ready-mix concrete
- Structural clay products
- Support activities for oil and gas operations & more
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of Online Courses and Safety Packs, call 800-971-1080, or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry training expands upon common silica and respirable crystalline silica dust considerations to share hazards, control, and best practices for the workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Understand OSHA’s regulations and how the new evaluation and control techniques work
- Recognize the elements of a written exposure control plan, as well as where to go for additional information and assistance as needed
- Identify and understand the basic health hazards of exposure in general industry
- Identify strategies to control hazards and mitigate risks
All course participants must complete the full course to receive 0.1 CEU credits. Participants must achieve a score of 100% at each knowledge checkpoint and fill out the course evaluation to receive his or her certificate of completion. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a course completion certificate showing the CEUs earned that may be printed at any time.