Overview & Objectives
The Safe Forklift Operation Awareness course from Exceed Safety is an introductory online training designed for participants in the Manufacturing industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported almost 8,000 forklift related injuries in 2018 with more than 24% occurring in Manufacturing environments.
Ideal for both operators and nonoperators of forklifts, the 50-minute Safe Forklift Operation Awareness course emphasizes an interactive approach to best safety practices and procedures in and around forklift operations.
Exceed Safety’s Safe Forklift Operation Awareness course is designed for employees in Manufacturing to raise awareness of forklift hazards and promote safe forklift operations in the workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Injury statistics for forklift operations
- Four resources on safe forklift operations
- Seven forklift classifications and power sources
- Primary forklift components and safety features
- Forklift Operator Certification requirements
- Inspection and maintenance guidelines for safe forklift operation
- Forklift hazards and best safety practices
- Links to additional information
- Knowledge checks to evaluate your understanding
Who is this Course for?
The Safe Forklift Operation Awareness course from Exceed Safety is ideal for all levels of employment in the Manufacturing industry. Individuals who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- Forklift operators
- Forklift nonoperators
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Safe Forklift Operation Awareness course is an interactive online course designed to be completed at the participant’s own pace in about 50 minutes. Offering helpful strategies and risk mitigation techniques, all levels of employment in the Manufacturing industry who may come into contact with forklift operations will benefit from this course. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Describe the four primary resources concerning safe forklift operations
- Identify the classes and fundamental aspects of powered industrial trucks (PITs)
- Label the common parts of a forklift
- Identify the steps required for forklift operator certification
- List the steps forklift operators must take to ensure forklifts will operate safely
- Link potential forklift hazards to best safety practices to minimize those hazards
- Know where to find additional information from multiple sources
In Person Training
Participants in this in-person class can expect to be engaged with discussions, collaboration from other members of the course, team building experiences, and interactive learning. All our instructors have years of experience in the field and are highly qualified and skilled. We offer some classes via Zoom (just give us a call for more information). Some classes can be combined with virtual-blended learning, as well.