Overview & Objectives
The Safe Forklift Operation for Supervisors course from Exceed Safety is an introductory online training designed for supervisorial personnel in the Manufacturing industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported almost 8,000 forklift related injuries in 2018 with more than 24% occurring in Manufacturing environments.
Ideal for Supervisors of both operators and nonoperators of forklifts, the 30-minute Safe Forklift Operation for Supervisors course emphasizes an interactive approach to best safety practices and procedures in and around forklift operations.
Exceed Safety’s Safe Forklift Operation for Supervisors course is designed for supervisors in Manufacturing to raise awareness of forklift hazards and promote safe forklift operations in the workplace. Specific course topics include the following:
- Injury statistics for forklift operations
- Four resources on safe forklift operations
- Seven forklift classifications and power sources
- Primary forklift components and safety features
- Forklift Operator Certification requirements
- Inspection and maintenance guidelines for safe forklift operation
- Forklift hazards and best safety practices
- Elements of a comprehensive forklift operation safety program
- Responsibilities of Supervisors who manage employees in and around forklifts
- Links to additional information
- Knowledge checks to evaluate your understanding
Who is this Course for?
The Safe Forklift Operation for Supervisors course from Exceed Safety is ideal for all supervisorial personnel working in Manufacturing environments where forklift operations may be present. Individuals who may specifically benefit from this training include the following:
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Safe Forklift Operation for Supervisors course is an interactive online course designed to be completed at the participant’s own pace in about 30 minutes. Offering helpful strategies and risk mitigation techniques, this course is ideal for supervisors in Manufacturing to create a safe workplace in regards to forklift operations. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Describe the four primary resources concerning safe forklift operations
- Identify the classes and fundamental aspects of powered industrial trucks (PITs)
- Label the common parts of a forklift
- Identify the steps required for forklift operator certification
- List the steps forklift operators must take to ensure forklifts will operate safely
- Link potential forklift hazards to best safety practices to minimize those hazards
- Know where to find additional information from multiple sources
Describe the elements of a comprehensive forklift operation safety program
In Person Training
Participants in our in-person courses can expect to be taught by our most skilled and experienced instructors. Our instructors strive to make our in-person classes dynamic by incorporating meaningful activities that allow peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration, hands-on learning, and real-life examples. Participants will also be able to have most questions answered while attending the class. Some of our classes are available via Zoom (just call us for more information) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning.