Overview & Objectives
The Safety Signage for Supervisors for Manufacturing course is about a 45-minute introductory-level online course designed specifically for Supervisors in the Manufacturing Industry. Throughout this course, participants can expect to learn about danger, caution, and safety instruction signs, as well as accident prevention tags.
Participants can also expect to learn about the helpful tools and insight on how to address potential hazards in the workplace, required design features of signage, and recommended wording of for these hazard signs and tags in the workplace.
Exceed Safety’s Safety Signage for Supervisors for Manufacturing course teaches participants vital aspects of working in the Manufacturing sector, like understanding required signage and tags, addressing potential hazards, and more. Specific course topics include the following:
- The definitions of “sign” and “accident prevention tags” in the workplace
- Three sign classifications with examples of each
- Sign design features and wording
- Use of biological hazard signs
- The differences between major message tags, pictograph tags, and signal word tags
- Use of accident prevention tags
- General criteria for accident prevention tags including recommended color coding
- Five types of tags with examples of each
- Links to additional resources for information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding
Who is this Course for?
The Safety Signage for Supervisors for Manufacturing is ideal for Supervisors working in the Manufacturing workspace. Individuals who may specifically benefit from this training include the following:
- Manufacturing managers
- Manufacturing supervisors
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Safety Signage for Supervisors for Manufacturing course is an introductory-level training designed to be taken at the participant’s own pace in about a half one hour. Offering helpful strategies and tools to protect oneself and others in the workplace, this course promotes safety and accident prevention by educating Supervisors on the types of hazard signage to recognize in the workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Define “signs” and “accident prevention tags” in the workplace
- Understand the difference between three classifications of signs: danger, caution, and safety instruction
- Explain required design features for all signs, including each classification
- Describe the recommended wording for signs
- Know when to use biological hazard signs
- Summarize the use, criteria, types, and recommended color codes for accident prevention tags
- Find additional sources of information and assistance
In Person Training
Participants in our in-person courses can expect to be taught by our most skilled and experienced instructors. Our instructors strive to make our in-person classes dynamic by incorporating meaningful activities that allow peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration, hands-on learning, and real-life examples. Participants will also be able to have most questions answered while attending the class. Some of our classes are available via Zoom (just call us for more information) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning.