Overview & Objectives
The Stormwater (SWPPP) Management course from Exceed Safety is an introductory level online training designed to educate workplaces and their employees about the obligation we have to reduce our impact on the environment, particularly through stormwater pollution.
Throughout this course, participants can expect to learn the importance of developing and implementing a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) that includes protocols for stormwater control, often referred to as Best Management Practices (BMPs).
Exceed Safety’s Stormwater (SWPPP) Management course is designed to teach participants the goals of a SWPPP, how to determine compliance requirements, and best practices. Specific course topics include the following:
- Information about the effects of stormwater pollution
- Explanations of the purpose, goals, and required elements of a SWPPP
- Easy-to-understand descriptions of actions you can take to prevent stormwater pollution at the worksite
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional EPA and industry resources
Who Is This Course For?
Exceed Safety’s Stormwater (SWPPP) Management course is designed for employees and management of all levels who may work in areas that may contribute to stormwater contamination.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of Online Courses and Safety Packs, call 800-971-1080, or Contact Us online.
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Stormwater (SWPPP) Management course is a 30-minute introductory level online training designed to be taken at the participant’s own pace. Participants can expect to learn BMPs, how to reduce one’s impact on the environment as it pertains to stormwater, and steps to mitigate the effects on stormwater pollution. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Recognize the effects of stormwater pollution, understand its potential impacts on the environment, and identify the applicability of the Clean Water Act on certain stakeholders
- Identify the purpose, goals, and required elements of a SWPPP including the importance of effective site planning and assessment
- Identify Best Management Practices (BMPs) for stormwater pollution prevention both in the workplace and at home, as well as best practices to implement and maintain a SWPPP