Overview & Objectives
The Suspended Personnel Platform Trained User course is an introductory level online training designed to provide participants with the common terms and definitions to properly identify components of a lift platform. Throughout this course, participants can expect to learn to effectively plan and execute all stages of the lift, including the preoperational inspection, proof test, trial lift, rigging and crane check, pre-lift meeting, post-lift meeting, and post-operational inspection.
Suspended Personnel Platform Trained User offers insight into lift operations, proper procedures for lifts, inspection criteria, and more. Specific course topics are reinforced through supplemental workbooks and include the following:
- Common terms and definitions of lift operations
- Preoperational inspection requirements
- Proof testing and trial lift procedures
- Steps of a proper rigging and crane inspection
- Successful pre- and post-lift meetings
Who Is This Course For?
The Suspended Personnel Platform Trained User course is designed to act as an introductory-level training for lift and crane operations across Construction, General Industry, Mining, and Manufacturing work environments. Those who may specifically benefit from this course include the following:
- Lift operators
- Maintenance workers
- Warehouse workers
- Mine operators and workers
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Suspended Personnel Platform Trained User course is a four-hour training designed to teach participants the how to prepare for, plan, and execute successful lift operations. Participants can expect to learn about inspection criteria, as well as all appropriate post-operational lift meeting materials. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals can expect to:
- Know the applicable terms, definitions, and components of lift platforms
- Identify preoperational inspection requirements
- Describe proof testing and trial lift procedures
- List the appropriate steps of a proper rigging and crane inspection
- Understand how to organize and execute successful pre- and post-lift meetings
After successful completion of this course, including a final written exam, the student will also be issued a Trained User Certificate.
In Person Training
Participants in this course can expect to be engaged with a dynamic, intentional, and highly experienced instructor. Our in-person class allows for questions to be answered immediately, open discussions, and hands-on learning. Some classes can be done via Zoom (just give us a call) and can be combined with virtual-blended learning. It is our goal to teach with a variety of strategies that allow everyone to be engaged in a fun and comfortable learning environment.