Overview & Objectives
The Temporary Worker Safety and Health for Supervisors for Manufacturing course is a 60-minute introductory-level online training designed to promote a safe and healthy Manufacturing workplace in industrial facilities.
While a culture of workplace safety is taught by Manufacturing Supervisors, Exceed Safety recognizes the need to train supervisory personnel for temporary workers’ safety, as well. Throughout this course, participants can expect to receive guidance, information, and training on how to better lead, manage, and protect temporary workers in regards to workplace safety.
Exceed Safety’s Temporary Worker Safety and Health for Supervisors for Manufacturing teaches participants best practices for health and safety in the workplace, helping Supervisors better protect temporary workers from job hazards, illnesses, injuries, and fatalities. Specific course topics include the following:
- Definitions of host employer, staffing agency, temporary worker, and dual employment
- A summary of the importance of employee safety in the workplace, including five factors that affect safety at work
- Temporary worker rights and issues
- Roles and responsibilities shared by the host employer and the staffing agency
- Safety and health training required in the workplace, including training for personal protective equipment (PPE), hazard communication (HAZCOM), BBPs (bloodborne pathogens), PITs (powered industrial trucks), and the control of hazardous energy known as lockout tagout (LOTO).
- OSHA regulations for employers’ written HAZCOM program
- Resources for temporary workers
- Links to additional information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding