Overview & Objectives
The Training Rigging Gear Inspector – Level 1 is an introductory-level course designed to train workers to become qualified, in-house rigging gear inspectors. The course includes recorded inspection examples and inspection-related activities.
Specific course topics include the following:
- Removal criteria for wire rope, wire rope slings, synthetic web and round slings, chain slings, rigging hardware, and below-the-hook lifting devices
- U.S. standards and regulations for rigging operations
- Inspection scenarios and examples
Participants who successfully complete the course and exams, earn a three-year certificate as a Trained Rigging Gear Inspector – Level I USA.
The Training Rigging Gear Inspector – Level 1 provides participants with essential knowledge regarding rigging operations and the necessary standards to receive a three-year certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants can expect to:
- Identify potential hazards
- Understand and describe the removal criteria for wire rope slings, synthetic web and round slings, chain slings, rigging hardware, and below-the-hooker lifting devices
- Identify and aid in the implementation of safe rigging operations