Overview & Objectives
The Valley Fever Awareness for All Industries course from Exceed Safety is designed to provide introductory-level knowledge of Valley Fever, or coccidioidomycosis, an infection caused by breathing in a fungus that lives in the soil. Most commonly affecting those in construction or related activities in the southwestern U.S., Valley Fever training is required by California Assembly Bill 203 (2019-2020).
Throughout this training, participants will receive basic occupational safety and health considerations regarding Valley Fever, including hazard recognition, control strategies, standards, and best practices.
Exceed Safety’s Valley Fever Awareness for All Industries training is designed to provide all workers with essential knowledge regarding Valley Fever and how to mitigate and prevent exposure. Specific course topics include the following:
- Occupational safety and health principles and techniques as they relate to Valley Fever
- General regulator standards
- Best management practices
- Hazard recognition, control strategies, and health considerations
Who Is This Course For?
The Valley Fever Awareness for All Industries course from Exceed Safety is appropriate for all employee and managerial levels in industries in which risk of Valley Fever exposure may occur. Individuals from the following industries may specifically benefit from this course:
- Construction-related activities
- Trade and Transportation
Features & Benefits
Exceed Safety’s Valley Fever Awareness for All Industries course provides introductory-level knowledge surrounding Valley Fever and its associated risks and risk-mitigation techniques. Upon successful completion of this training, participants can expect to:
- Identify the nature and risk of working in and near potentially contaminated dirt and soils especially in high risk areas with substantial dust disturbance
- Describe the process and extent of spread of Valley Fever
- List workers and others at a higher risk of contracting Valley Fever
- Identify the symptoms of Valley Fever
- List the precautions to minimize the risk of contracting Valley Fever.
- List the considerations to follow when exposed to conditions conducive to contracting Valley Fever
- List the considerations to follow when experiencing Valley Fever symptoms
- List the importance of early diagnosis and treatment
- Know that you have resources for regulatory compliance and additional information