Overview & Objectives
The Working Around Moving Equipment Awareness for Manufacturing course from Exceed Safety is designed to address the staggering statistics, which show that workers who operate and maintain machinery suffer nearly 800 deaths and 18,000 serious injuries each year.
This in-person course is an introductory-level training designed for Manufacturing employees who may work with and/or around machines and machine parts. OSHA states that Machinery and Machine Guarding General Requirements are continuously among the top 10 most citied standards violations. Throughout this course, participants can expect to learn about hazards and how to mitigate the risks associated with moving machines and equipment.
Exceed Safety’s Working Around Moving Equipment Awareness for Manufacturing course is designed to help protect employees in Manufacturing workspaces where moving equipment and machinery are used. Specific course topics include the following:
- Machine guarding regulations
- Eight hazards of moving machinery with examples of how injuries can occur
- Three fundamental areas of machinery
- Eight hazardous mechanical machine motions and actions
- Common types of machine guards and safety devices, plus the safeguarding action, advantages, and limitations of each type
- Machine guarding general requirements and other safeguarding requirements
- Guidelines for maintaining and repairing moving machinery safely
- Training required for working around moving machinery
- The operator’s role in ensuring safety around moving equipment
- Links to additional resources for information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding