Overview & Objectives
The Noise and Hearing Conservation for General Industry online training from Exceed Safety is an intermediate-level safety course designed to cover the exposure to and control of excessive worksite noise. Throughout this course, participants will be introduced to the varying noise sources within workplace environment, as well as instructed on the importance of a hearing conservation program that offers ways to minimize noise and the use of hearing protection.
NOTICE: This course references OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.95 for General Industry and 29 CFR 1926.
Exceed Safety’s Noise and Hearing Conservation for General Industry online training focuses on noise and hearing conservation in accordance with OSHA’s regulations and requirements. Participants will learn how to appropriately deal with noise on the jobsite, as well as learn noise characteristics and ways one might mitigate noise hazards. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to noise and hearing conservation
- OSHA regulations and requirements governing noise protection
- Noise characteristics and hazards
- Dealing with noise in accordance with OSHA regulations
Specific industry terms discussed throughout the duration of the course include the following:
- Noise and hearing conservation program
- Exposure monitoring
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)